Employer: African Parks
Duration: Full Time
Deadline: 31st January 2021.
Majete Wildlife Reserve is managed by the non-profit organization African Parks, on a long-term basis, to protect its wildlife and uplift the surrounding local communities for the ecological, financial, and social sustainability of the reserve. Under African Parks’ management since 2003, Majete has become a world-renowned case study for successful conservation in a challenging environment.
Majete has a variety of tourism products, the key being a sixteen-bed lodge within the reserve along with a modern campsite and day visitor centre focusing on the needs of day visitors coming to the reserve.
We are looking to recruit Tourism Managers (ideally a couple) to be responsible for the following:
• Based at the lodge, eighty per cent of the managers’ time will focus on the needs of the guests at the lodge with overall responsibility for the running of the lodge following the set of standards and maintenance of the high standard of service achieved thus far.
• Delivery of a world-class tourism product synonymous with African Parks
• Management of seventeen local staff including refresher training and upskilling
• Daily hosting of all guests arriving at the lodge.
• Management of the guest accounts
• Adherence to the Expenditure budget
• Management of the campsite staff
• Management of the assets and infrastructure of the campsite
• Maintenance of relations with campers
• Management of the visitor centre staff
• Management of the guest booking system for the reserve
• Interact with the finance department to account for revenue streams.
• Management of the asset and infrastructure of the centre including maintenance of all tourism vehicles.
• Management of the stock and sales of the shop.
• Management of the food outlet at the centre.
• Management of the asset and infrastructure of the three non-commercial satellite camps within the headquarter area.
• Management of the people movement for those units.
• Develop and promote new activities within the reserve.
• Manage all social media platforms, posting news on a daily basis and responding to posts
• Manage all bookings on the Res-request site
• Logistics and procurement of lodge supplies
• Liaison with APN Commercial on Request bookings.
• In-country logistics for guests.
• Daily sales report
• Bi-weekly stock report
• Monthly staff attendance report
• Monthly park manager activity report
• Monthly expenditure reporting
• Inventory reports
• Other reports as requested
• A passionate, practical, adaptable, enthusiastic, and independent management couple with extensive luxury camp and F&B management experience
• At least 5 years’ experience living and operating in remote safari locations
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Strong initiative and creativity with a “dare to “attitude
• Team players who share ideas and learning with others.
• Team players who will nurture and develop subordinate staff
• Professional with a sense of fun
• Excellent ability to build and manage relationships with a wide variety of people and cultures
• Computer literate
• Efficient at using social media streams
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st January 2021.
Should you not hear back from us within 2 weeks after the closing date, please take it that your application was unsuccessful.