Employer: Lake Macquarie City Council’s
Deadline: Sunday 7 February 2021.
Duration: Full Time
About the job
Located in one of Australia’s most beautiful regional galleries – Museum of Art and Culture, Lake Macquarie, the Curator position is now available within a purpose-built, architecturally designed, innovative building.
- Curate inspiring exhibitions within MAC and in association with the sister Multi-Arts Pavilion (MAP) as part of the Lake Arts Precinct
- Be part of a dynamic creative team developing contemporary arts, culture and tourism experiences within our Community
- Industry-leading 12% super, flexible work options & wellness programs
LET’S EXPLORE THE JOB
As a member of the Arts, Culture & Tourism (ACT) team at LMCC, the Curator – Museum of Art and Culture (MAC) is responsible for the leadership and development of a diverse and innovative program including the presentation of contemporary art and installations, screen and digital art, touring and inhouse generate exhibitions across various media within an established regional gallery. Managing a diverse range of creative partnerships, the role will oversee the day-to-day operations of the MAC and assist the Arts Producer – Lake Arts Precinct in the management of commercial activities including tourism and visitor initiatives, funding, philanthropy and sponsorship management, public programs and lease relationships.
For more information about MAC, please visit https://mac.lakemac.com.au/page.aspx?vid=17
Please note: A full list of accountabilities is located within the attached Position Statement.
- may operate across departmental service delivery, Monday through to Sunday; 8.00 am to 9.00 pm.
- is located at the Lake Macquarie City Art Gallery with occasional visits to external sites/depots.
- requires an NSW Working with Children’s Check for paid employment to be completed prior to commencement (in which the department will subsidise/refund).
- From time to time may be working as a sole officer within the facility
LET’S DESCRIBE YOU
We are seeking an enthusiastic and authentic degree qualified Curator to lead the development of engaging, vibrant and immersive programs of diverse exhibitions across various media and assist in the growth and development of the City’s visual art collection. Our ideal candidate will have a wide variety of experience within the public art galleries sector, both nationally and internationally, in the creation, touring, installation and catalogue and education delivery with a strong focus on engagement. Project management skills to manage simultaneous initiatives, coupled with excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills, will see you succeed in the role.
LET’S REVEAL THE PERKS
- $82,711 to $89,045 per annum plus 12% superannuation
- 35-hour working week
- nine-day fortnight
- long service leave after 5 years
- education assistance
- training and development opportunities
- work mobile phone
- the discounted corporate fitness program
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
When you join us, you are not part of an organisation; you are part of a future that more than 205,000 Lake Macquarie residents depend on every day. To work here is to be connected. To be part of a true community who value creativity and collaboration, wellbeing and sustainability, opportunity and diversity. Together, we believe in shaping our own future – not waiting for it.
Lake Mac strives to be an inclusive workplace for all people. We recognise that we operate in a diverse community and welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQ+ community, refugees and people with disability. We understand the skills and attributes veterans can bring to our Council.
Position Statement – Curator Museum of Art and Culture (MAC)
- Applications close midnight, Sunday 7 February 2021.
- For enquiries related to the duties of the role, please contact Jacqui Hemsley, Manager Arts, Culture & Tourism on 02 4921 0411 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you need assistance with submitting your application, please contact Catherine Khalil, Talent Acquisition Advisor on 02 4069 0042 or via email email@example.com
- To view the capability Framework – Role Profile relevant to this role, please click here.
- Please note that as part of Lake Macquarie City Council’s recruitment process, prior to an offer of employment being made, recommended candidates may be subject to a medical assessment with Council’s doctor.
- After the close date, a panel will assess all applications for suitability against the essential criteria for each of the positions. Once completed, an interview, skills assessment or task and reference checks may be undertaken. All candidates will be notified of the outcome via the email address you supply as part of your application.