Accelerating gastronomy tourism initiatives to achieve the SDGs.
The competition mission is to identify challenges and projects, and catalyzing innovations that can transform the Gastronomy Tourism sector in the near future.
THE COMPETITION CATEGORIES:
- New Technologies: Startups that are developing and promoting a startup with a high technological component to provide solutions or new services related to the Gastronomic Tourism sector.
- Local Impact: Startups that are developing and promoting a project with a high component of transformation and social improvement in its area of implementation and that are attached to the Gastronomic Tourism sector.
- Sustainability and Waste: Startups that are developing and promoting a project with a high component of sustainability and/or food waste management related to the impact generated by tourist.
- Mentoring by UNWTO and top partners
- Tailored support for your startup
- Investment opportunities
- Form part of the UNWTO Innovation Network
- Scholarship opportunities for the Tourism Online Academy
- Opportunity to present your startup at the 7th UNWTO Gastronomy Tourism Forum (Nara, Japan June 2022)
- Use of a space in the LABe- Digital Gastronomy Lab facilities for 6 months.
- Participate as a finalist company in the corresponding edition of Culinary Action! – On the road, the first foodtech startup competition in roadshow format.
- Advanced Plan of the GOe Digital Community for 6 months, which is the first digital community within the 360º gastronomy sector.
|1 November 2021||Launch|
|28 February 2022||Deadline for applications|
|1 April 2022||Announcement of Startups on the Online Platform|
|May 2022||Announcement of winners and pitch session|
- Scope into the Gastronomy Tourism Sector
- Innovation: Degree of comparative disruptiveness / innovation in the sector (global level); not technological component required.
- Social Impact of the Start-up: Focused on meeting unmet social needs in different realms, to foster employability of young and/or vulnerable people, depopulation of the territory, population aging and/or gender equality; and with tangible indicators to that effect.
- Traction: Capacity to transform the localized environment; ability to generate a change in society, improving the social conditions of the beneficiary groups and / or promoting their recognition before society.
- A tested MVP: product or service prototype, tested and tested, with already measured or measurable results. ü Potential impact of the business: potential scalability/financial return and/or development of competitive advantages for the business in the short-medium term.
- Ease of value capture via collaboration with the Start-up: agile implementation in the short-medium term for co-development of products/services, optimizing the use of existing resources/infrastructure and ability to scale the product.
- Committed team. Team with explicit knowledge about the area of action; positive assessment of the endorsement of a public or private organization on the execution of the project
- Adherence to the Sustainable Development Goals: Linking and tangible social impact metrics in relation to the priority SDG.
To read more about the competition visit 3rd-global-gastronomy-tourism-startup-competition