The European Master in Tourism Management Scholarship (EMTM)
The European Master in Tourism Management (EMTM) is a two-year world-class integrated programme aimed at qualifying graduates to deal with the huge challenges in contemporary tourism. The EMTM has been selected as Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree (EMJMD) by the European Commission.
The EMTM Consortium consists of three leading European universities with excellence in the teaching of tourism-related subjects: University of Girona (Girona, Spain), University of Southern Denmark (Kolding, Denmark) and School of Economics and Business of University of Ljubljana (Ljubljana, Slovenia). Furthermore, some of the associated partner universities of the programme include The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Sun Yat-sen University (China), University of Seychelles, Arizona State University (United States), Voronezh State University (Russian Federation), Thompson Rivers University (Canada) and University of São Paolo (Brazil) among others.
The mobility scheme adopted by the EMTM Consortium has the following structure: first semester at the University of Southern Denmark (Kolding, Denmark), second semester at the School of Economics and Business, University of Ljubljana (Ljubljana, Slovenia), third semester at University of Girona (Girona, Spain), and fourth semester at an EMTM Consortium university or associated partner university.
EMTM’s main objectives are to:
- prepare future professionals to strategically manage and make sustainable and effective decisions in placements of high responsibility in tourism institutions;
- Provide future professionals with an integrated knowledge of the dynamics of tourism development, the principles of sustainable management, environmental issues, the role of cultural diversity and creativity for innovation and the governance of tourism networks the quality management of customer services; and
- Train future researchers in the field of tourism management.
The main admission criteria for EMTM applicants are:
- Completed university bachelors or master’s degree/s (=180 ECTS credit points or more) in the field of: tourism, economics, business administration, geography or other related fields in the social sciences or humanities.
- Excellence on obtaining the university degree/s (the average grades must be A or B, minimum 70%).
- English language proficiency proved by one of the following certificates:
- TOEFL iBT with at least 88 points. At the time of application, the test results cannot be older than two years. TOEFL ITP tests are not accepted.
- IELTS Academicwith an overall grade of at least 6.5 (not older than two years at the time of application).
- C1 Advanced (CAE)with minimum level C or C2 Proficiency (CPE) from Cambridge Assessment English.
You are exempt from documenting your English skills if your first degree (bachelor/undergraduate degree) was taken in the USA, Canada (English speaking part), Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom or Ireland. Please note that if your degree was only partly taught in one of the above countries, you are not exempted from documenting your English skills but must do so as indicated on this page. It is not sufficient to enclose a letter from your home university. Not even if the language of instruction at your home university is English.
To apply to the EMTM programme, candidates have to prepare the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (Europass EU format)
- A scanned copy of the university degree diploma(s) (with English translation if necessary)
- A scanned copy of the transcript(s) of course grades (with English translation if necessary)
- Proof of English language competence (see Admission Criteria)
- A letter stating the motivation to undertake the EMTM programme, professional experience (if any) and future prospects
- Two letters of recommendation
- A scanned copy of a valid passport
To apply to the EMTM programme, candidates have to follow the steps described in Application Step-by-Step.
FEES AND SCHOLARSHIPS
The tuition fee for EU citizens is 3,750 euros per year (7,500 euros for the two-year EMTM programme). The tuition fee for non-EU citizens is 7,000 euros per year (14,000 euros for the two-year EMTM programme).
At this moment, the EMTM programme can only offer self-funded positions for the 2021-2023 intake. For more detailed information about the availability of scholarships please visit the section “Fees & Scholarships” of the EMTM website. To apply and learn more about the program visits program website