2022 Welcome to ECU Online Scholarship
The Welcome to ECU Online Scholarship provides students with the opportunity to commence studying online with ECU, with an expectation of transitioning to on-campus study when travel restrictions allow. This scholarship supports students residing overseas who can adequately demonstrate they are unable to undertake international travel to Perth due to COVID-19 related border closures. The scholarship offers up to 30% reduction in tuition fees each semester until travel, by the Student, to Perth is possible.
Important dates: Opens: 26-05-2021, Closes: 31-07-2022
At a glance
- Open to international students who:
- will be studying in an eligible Course at ECU in 2022;
- commenced or will commence studying at ECU on or after 1 November 2021 and before 31 July 2022;
- are overseas; and
- are unable to travel or return to Perth due to international travel restrictions.
- The scholarship will automatically be applied to existing ECU students who meet the relevant eligibility criteria.
- The scholarship applies to fees incurred from 1 November 2021 onwards. Recipients will continue to receive financial assistance amounting up to 30% off their tuition fees for online study until international travel by the student to Perth is permitted.
Applicants are eligible to apply for other scholarships when onshore study in Perth commences
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an offshore international student (and not an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, or New Zealand Citizen);
- not be residing in Australia;
- meet ECU’s direct academic entry and English entry requirements;
- not be in receipt of a government scholarship or industry sponsorship;
- have commenced your online studies at ECU between 1 November 2021 and 31 July 2022;
- be adversely affected by international (not interstate) border closures; and
- be enrolled in an eligible Course listed below.
- Must be an eligible course from the list below, where a student has chosen to study onshore in Western Australia and is issued a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE).
- Excludes “wholly online” Courses (where the Course is delivered entirely online).
- Excludes accelerated learning units.
School of Business and Law (30% scholarship applies)
K93 – Bachelor of Hospitality and Tourism Management
L89 – Master of International Hospitality Management
N:B plus other courses not relating to tourism
Terms and conditions
The following ongoing conditions apply to this scholarship:
- The recipient must continue to meet the eligibility guidelines and these terms and conditions at the time of applying and throughout their online study.
- The recipient must be in continuous “good standing” academically and financially.
- The scholarship cannot be transferred to another course without ECU’s permission (which may be withheld in ECU’s absolute discretion).
- The scholarship can only be used for tuition fees and cannot be used for any other student expense. The scholarship will be applied directly by ECU on a unit-by-unit basis at the relevant census date. The scholarship will only be applied to fees incurred for teaching periods commencing 1 November 2021 onwards.
- The scholarship cannot be transferred to an ECU location or partner outside Western Australia, or to another university.
- The scholarship can be revoked if the recipient does not accept their Letter of Offer, enrol in their course, or pay their deposit, by the relevant date(s) specified.
- Commencement of the scholarship cannot be deferred.
- The recipient must pay their tuition fees within the stipulated payment deadlines. Failure to do so may negate the scholarship and the tuition fee structure may revert to full-fee international tuition.
- The recipient may become ineligible for the ongoing receipt of the scholarship if they receive a government scholarship, industry sponsorship or another ECU scholarship or grant during their offshore studies. Ongoing eligibility for the scholarship in these circumstances is at ECU’s absolute discretion.
- The recipient must comply with all applicable requirements under ECU’s statutes, rules, by-laws, policies, procedures or other similar instruments, and with all applicable visa requirements.
- The recipient must promptly notify ECU of any change of circumstances that may affect their ongoing eligibility to receive the scholarship.
- It is intended that Students will commence onshore studies in Perth when this becomes practicable. A Student’s scholarship only continues for so long as international travel by the Student to Perth is limited or prohibited due to international border closures. The scholarship will cease at the end of the relevant Teaching Period where international travel by the Student to Perth becomes possible, irrespective of whether the Student continues to study their nominated Course online. This will be determined at ECU’s discretion based on the prevailing circumstances, having regard to the Student’s ordinary country of residence, their location at the time when the matter is being assessed, applicable laws and possible travel options. The Scholarship is not open to current or prospective international students who are already in Australia at the time of application. Once students arrive onshore, they may be entitled to be assessed or apply for other ECU Scholarships (each subject to eligibility criteria and may be for a lesser amount).
All scholarships are awarded at ECU’s discretion. ECU reserves the right to revoke the scholarship at any time if a student is found to have provided information that is false or misleading, does not meet the scholarship eligibility criteria (including admission requirements), or does not comply with the ongoing scholarship conditions.
ECU reserves the right to decline to award scholarships if, in its opinion, there are no suitable applicants. The number of scholarships to be awarded is at ECU’s sole discretion.
This scholarship may be withdrawn early from offering by ECU at any time, in particular having regard to any change in circumstances relating to the Covid-19 pandemic, or Western Australian or Australian law and rules relating to international travel restrictions and border closures.
How to apply
If we approve your ECU course application, you’ll automatically be assessed for this scholarship by our Admissions Office. No separate scholarship application is required.
The Admissions Office will issue a separate letter relating to your scholarship, along with a Letter of Offer for your course, to confirm whether you’ve been successful.
Applying for an ECU Course
You’re invited to apply through any one of ECU’s Authorised Agents.
You can also apply online via the ECU Online Application Portal.
How to accept this scholarship
To accept your scholarship, you must:
- meet any conditions listed in your Letter of Offer including any applicable deadlines;
- meet the direct entry Course requirements and any other applicable admission requirements;
- accept your Letter of Offer by following the instructions provided; and
- pay the indicative deposit in the Letter of Offer.
For more information
Questions about this scholarship can be directed to email@example.com